Acquire Quality Fishing Gear from Our Online Store
With the stress of everyday life mounting on people, it highlights the need to take a break and pursue a hobby. For most Australians, that’s dedicating some weekends to go fishing. It’s a relaxing sport that takes your mind off everything else and allows you to bond with nature. While fishing is a fun activity, you require proper fishing gear to enjoy it as a pastime thoroughly. As with any hobby, immersing yourself in the activity by acquiring the necessary equipment enhances the experience. For this reason, you should visit Tackle World Kawana Waters in the Sunshine Coast or online.
What You Should Know About Fishing Equipment
Since you primarily head out on a fishing trip to enjoy yourself and unwind, you must prepare for various scenarios. This preparation involves acquiring the necessary gear from a reputable supplier.
• Fishing poles are tools that are critical for success in this hobby. Various types offer advantages in particular situations. If you require a pole with a stout backbone when you’re flipping a jig, you need enough spring to hook a fish out of the water. Other occasions may demand a rod that can withstand sudden jarring movements. Typically, the longer the rod is, the farther you can cast out, but it’s essential to match the rod’s power to its length.
• Another crucial piece of equipment for fishing is the line. It’s advisable to establish which line is suitable for your rod, reel and the fish you’re aiming to catch. You can expect three types of fishing lines - braided, monofilament and fluorocarbon. The majority of anglers select fluorocarbon lines when fishing for bass, even though it can be a struggle to work with as it’s susceptible to twisting. However, it is invisible to fish, so offers a decent stealth option. Some anglers prefer tying a braided line to a fluorocarbon one to create a strong, thin line. Even though monofilament is more visible than the other two, it’s also more forgiving and durable. We advise you to carry extra in your tackle box if the line snaps.
• You won’t catch fish without proper fishing hooks. They are available in various shapes, sizes and weights. These factors are critical for the species of fish you’re trying to catch and the type of water, among other elements. Even if you prefer the French or J-hook, you should stock other options, so you always have access to what you require at the specific moment.
Tips to Maintain Your Fishing Supplies
Like other financial investments you make in life, it’s crucial to ensure you obtain maximum value. Correctly maintaining your fishing gear saves you money since you don’t have to worry about repairs or replacing some of your equipment. Simply following these steps can take care of your fishing essentials.
• If you’ve been using your fishing gear near salt water, the first step to take is to rinse the equipment in fresh water. Salt water contains high levels of sodium which is corrosive and can wear out your fishing gear quickly. Immediately after your fishing trip, you should spray rods, fishing reels and other tackle components with clean water. However, it’s not a bad idea to follow the same process after freshwater fishing as algae and weeds can latch themselves onto your rods and reels. You should never dunk the components in clean water as it washes away the internal oil and grease.
• If you find your fishing reels starting to creek or grind, it may be time to lubricate. There are several self-serving fishing oil products on the market that are simple to use. They’re handy for addressing handle squeaks and rough winding. Simply point the nozzle at the affected area and squirt some oil. Before you head on a trip, take the reel apart, clean sand and oil residue before applying new grease to the internal components.
• When you’re done with your lures, separate them from new ones you haven’t used yet. The salt on the fishing tackle and lures can affect the other components rendering them useless when you require them. Instead, keep a spare container where you can throw the gear in and store them away from new equipment. At the end of the day, you can immerse these in freshwater.
Why Trust Tackle World Kawana Waters Regarding a Fishing Tackle Box
With a history of over 30 years in the industry, you can be confident when dealing with us for fishing equipment. Preparing for your fishing trip has never been more convenient than shopping online. However, if you prefer to inspect the gear in person, you can visit our physical store in the Sunshine Coast. We guarantee high-quality products that won’t let you down when you require them most, along with our exceptional customer service.
You will discover some reputable brands in our store, including Shimano, Daiwa, Abu Garcia and Wilson, along with custom rods from Gary Howard Custom Rods. If there are products we don’t yet have in our store, we can source them for you.
Contact us if you require assistance with specific fishing equipment.