Atomic Hardz Cicada 35
bream, bass, estuary perch, jungle perch
WHEN TO TIE ONE ON
The Cicada is, as the name suggest a cicada imitation. Prefect for summer days where the humidity is high and the bass are actively feeding on the surface. East coast rivers are ideal places to thrown the cicada. Cast towards the bank or a snag for best results.
HOW TO USE
• Estuary outfits in maximum 4-10lb range will yield best results when casting. Braided lines with a mono leader will be best for this. Mono floats and will keep the lure on the surface.
• Use a loop knot for the best action. It allows the lure to swim freely.
• Cast towards structure and allow the lure to sit there a few seconds. Fish will often hit it as soon as it lands. When ready, wind slowly and the lure will start to roll along the surface leaving a massive disturbance and wake for predators to hone in on.
• Use plenty of pauses for bream. They will often hit a stationary lure.
THINK OUTSIDE THE SQUARE
• Using surface lures can be exciting, but also frustrating. Some days fish will slowly rise up from under snag and eyeball your lure millimetres away. A twitch of the lure can result the fish fleeing or encouraging it to smash your lure. Vary your retrieve and speed until you work out a pattern.